skip to main content
The County of DuPage
Wheaton, Illinois

Animal Services


Animal Investigations & Complaints 

Whom Should I Call With Animal-Related Complaints?

DuPage County Animal Services Officers enforce state and county animal control and welfare laws in unincorporated areas of DuPage County. These laws are designed to:

  • Protect citizens & pets from rabies and other health hazards, neglect, inhumane treatment, and abuse 
  • Protect citizens from intimidation and injury from dogs and other animals
  • Enforce compliance to State and Local laws
  • Encourage responsible pet ownership

Animal Services investigates complaints in UNINCORPORATED areas of the County. The types of complaints we respond to include:

  • Animal bites to humans and pets 
  • Public safety concerns 
  • Animal neglect and cruelty 
  • Domestic and Wildlife in peril  

Making a Complaint about an Domestic or Wildlife Animal in DuPage County 


Please complete a complaint form to report domestic and wildlife issues in Unincorporated DuPage County.  

Contact your local Police Department to report animal related concerns within the city and/or village

    What do I do if an Animal Bites me?

    Any time a domestic animal bites a human, it must be observed for rabies by a veterinarian. Wild animals that bite humans must be euthanized and tested for disease.

    • Call the local Police Department, Animal Control, and/or  Hospital
    • Seek medical attention, advise your physician, or contact the DuPage County Health Department