Contact Information: Joan Olson (630) 407-6015 or Evan Shields (630) 407-6022
Tuesday, October 25, 2022
DuPage County Approves Cannabis Regulations
The DuPage County Board on Tuesday voted to approve a process for the siting of adult-use cannabis businesses in unincorporated areas.
On June 28, the County Board directed staff to develop an Adult-Use Cannabis Permitting Program for unincorporated areas of the County. On Tuesday, the Board amended the DuPage County Zoning Ordinance to include the new regulations. The County’s Development Committee and the Zoning Board of Appeals held a public hearing and a public comment period over the past several months regarding guidelines for adult-use cultivation centers, craft growers, dispensing organizations, infusing organizations, and transporting organizations.
Per the County Board’s directive, adult-use cannabis business establishments must meet the following goals and objectives:
- Cannot be located in residential neighborhoods, downtown areas
- Must be located on major roadways
- Must be placed on 25,000 square-foot lots to accommodate parking
- Must be located away from schools, day cares, or group homes
- Cannot be located on government-controlled land
For specific information about adult-use cannabis, please contact Paul Hoss at (630) 407-6756.