Statements of Economic Interests
REGARDING NEW QUESTIONS FOR 2022 FILING YEAR:
Illinois General Assembly recently enacted Public
Act 102-0662 which included changes of the content of the Statement of
Economic Interests form.
persons required to file a 2022 Statement, the online filing portal has been
updated to reflect the new legislation.*
The new form has 7
questions that differ considerably from the previous 8 question version.
While the DuPage County
Clerk’s office cannot provide any legal advice to filers on what information
should or should not be disclosed, we have provided an informational document which includes statutory definitions found in the Illinois Governmental Ethics Act.
Click here to download our informational resource.
The DuPage County Clerk's office
accepts and stores Statements of Economic Interests filed by persons involved in
a unit of local government: Illinois Governmental Ethics Act (as amended in 2022)
Filers - Completing a Statement of Economic Interests
Starting in 2015,
you can file your statement online at https://ei.dupageco.org/SEI/Login.aspx.
Filers will receive information regarding online filing via letter or email
if an email address was provided.
This does not apply to candidates for office.
For Public - Searching Statements of Economic Interests
statements can be searched and viewed online at http://ei.dupageco.org/PublicSearch/.
Persons Required to File a Statement of Economic Interests:
- All Elected Officials
- All members of Boards or Commissions
unless they function only in an advisory capacity
- All government
employees who are compensated for services and not as independent contractors and who:
- are, or function as, the head of a department, division, bureau, authority or other administrative unit within the unit of local government, or who exercise similar authority within the unit of local government;
- have direct supervisory authority over, or direct responsibility for the formulation, negotiation, issuance or execution of contracts entered into by the unit of local government in the amount of $1,000 or greater;
- have authority to approve licenses and permits by the unit of local government; this item does not include employees who function in a ministerial capacity;
- adjudicate, arbitrate, or decide any judicial or administrative proceedings, or review the adjudication, arbitration or decision of any judicial or administrative proceedings within the authority of the unit of local government;
- have authority to issue or promulgate rules and regulations within areas under the authority of the unit of local government; or
- have supervisory responsibility for 20 or more employees of the unit of local government.
Candidates for office must file their Statement of
Economic Interests via paper with the DuPage County Clerk pursuant to5 ILCS 420/4A-108(b) 3.
Statements of Economic Interests may NOT be e-mailed or sent electronically to the DuPage County Clerk's office.
Note: Pursuant to 5 ILCS 420/4A-103 the Statement of Economic Interests has changed.
Please download the most updated version below:
The Statement of Economic Interests is a double-sided, legal size document. The receipt portion of the form must be intact, as it will serve as your proof of filing.
If you are unable to print the form to the specifications, you may obtain a paper copy from the DuPage County Clerk's office.
If you have any questions, please call the office at (630) 407-5500.
Precinct Committeemen candidates are
NOT required to file a Statement of Economic Interests.