Employment Opportunity: Administrative/Clerical
Title: Records Licensing Specialist
Closing Date: Until Filled
Department: County Clerk
Hours: Full-Time: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Salary: $18.00 to $20.00 per hour
Applicants who are bilingual are encouraged to apply.
- Clear and concise communication by phone or in person to public inquiries and concerns related to Vital Records (Birth, Marriage, Death).
- Processing of daily mail and counter customer requests for records.
- Providing daily service to customers in need of a Marriage License.
- Processing of Notary Certificates.
- Accurate and efficient performance of clerical responsibilities such as, filing, copying, scanning, and data entry.
- Answering of inquiries from the public, and directing them to the proper Governmental Office for answers.
- Maintaining regular attendance and punctuality and adherence to work schedule.
- Business English, spelling and grammar, and basic math.
- Current office practices, policies and procedures, and equipment.
- Word processing and spreadsheet software, and e-mail.
- Countywide policies and procedures.
Applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, regulations, codes, and/or statutes.
- Providing accurate information to the public.
- Using computer hardware and software, including word processing, spreadsheets, e-mail, etc.
- Applying an acquired knowledge of procedures, rules, regulations, and services applicable to the assigned office.
Manage projects and assigned tasks with accuracy and handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with department and division staff, other departments, and others, such as vendors, elected officials, etc.
- Communicate and use excellent interpersonal skills to interact and collaborate with co-workers, supervisors, the general public, etc., to sufficiently exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
- Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations
- Convey excellent oral and written communication.
- Work effectively under stress.
- Maintain confidentiality.
Physical requirements and work environment:
- Position is typically office or administrative work and is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
Completion of a High School Diploma, or G.E.D., and two years of experience in customer service, including a high volume of public contact; or an equivalent
combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and two (2) references to: ClerkJobs@dupageco.org
Applications accepted until position is filled.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer