Want to learn more about DuPage County?

Sign up for County newsletters and email updates!


Pleasantdale Reservoir


The Black Partridge Creek watershed is in southeastern DuPage County in the southwest part of Downers Grove Township. The majority of the three square mile watershed (85%) is in DuPage County, with the remaining 15% in Will and Cook Counties. Black Partridge Creek is a tributary to the Des Plaines River. The DuPage County Board approved the Black Partridge Creek Watershed Plan in 1994.  

Flood Control Projects

Flood control alternatives identified in the watershed plan and through public comment included the construction of a 26 acre-feet, or nearly 8.5 million gallon, reservoir east of Woodward Avenue between I-55 and 101st Street, storm sewer improvements in the adjacent unincorporated Pleasantdale Subdivision and one voluntary buyout of a residential structure. The Pleasantdale Reservoir was constructed in 1995 on property purchased with DuPage County Stormwater Management and Public Works’ funds. In 2003, the storm sewer improvements were designed and constructed using grant funds obtained from the Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS).
Sign Up