On behalf of the men and women of the DuPage County State's Attorney's Office, I want to welcome you to our website. As the second-largest State's Attorney's Office in Illinois and one of the 50 largest county-based prosecutor's offices in the nation, we are proud to serve the nearly one million residents of DuPage County. We hope this website will provide you with more information as to what role your State's Attorney's Office plays in the criminal justice system as well its significant role representing county government and county officials. Hopefully, it will better familiarize you with the diverse array of functions and services offered by our more than 150 attorneys, investigators, paralegals and support staff.
We also hope that this site can be a resource for you in showing you how you can help keep our communities safe by being involved in your own community's crime prevention programs and by being a responsible parent...neighbor...and citizen. Our office is committed to supporting and participating in community-based programs which reduce the opportunity for crime and that hasten the arrest of offenders.
Our mission as prosecutors is to seek justice for the people of DuPage County with integrity, courage, and professionalism. Everything that the professionals in our office do is guided by two concerns: protecting the public and defending the rights of victims.
- Achieve justice in every case by holding the right people accountable for violating the law in an ethical, equitable, and independent manner.
- Provide victims of crime the best legal representation by furnishing our attorneys with the finest training possible.
- Afford County officials the finest legal representation without regard to politics.
- Serve as a leader in criminal justice issues and promote legislation that protects the public and keeps communities safer.
- Provide advocacy, support and resources to victims, witnesses, and their families, and act at all times with understanding and compassion for all stakeholders in the criminal justice system, including victims, witnesses, and defendants.
- Create an organizational culture of professionalism, integrity, accountability, and respect where everyone can achieve exceptional performance to best serve the People of DuPage County.
- Ensure conviction integrity by moving cases efficiently and justly through the criminal process without fear or favor and utilizing the law and evidence to make legal decisions.
- Allocate organizational resources that focus on reducing violent crime and promoting public safety.
- Utilize restorative justice programs that have a proven track record of success to hold people accountable and keep people out of the criminal justice system in appropriate cases.
- Educate and engage the community through volunteer work, transparency, and greater access to information about the functions of our office and criminal justice system.
Working together, we will make a difference. Thanks for visiting.