Paying Real Estate Taxes In Person
For your convenience, there is a drop box located in the south parking lot of the DuPage County Administration Building at 421 N. County Farm Road, Wheaton, IL. The drop box will be available from May 1, 2023 to October 31, 2023.
AT THE OFFICE
Payments may be made in the office of the DuPage County Treasurer either by cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover or debit card. The office is located at 421 N. County Farm Road, Wheaton, IL.
- A credit card convenience fee of 2.10% of the payment amount (with a minimum charge of $3.00) will be added to your credit card account by the third party processor for the payment.
- For PIN-based debit card transactions, a convenience fee of $3.00 will be added to your payment.
- No portion of either convenience fee is retained by DuPage County.
Personal or business checks will not be accepted by the DuPage County Treasurer after October 31, 2023. A certified check, money order or cash is required after that date.
IMPORTANT PAYMENT OPTIONS TO CONSIDER
- The penalty for late payment of real estate taxes is added at the rate of 1.5% of the tax amount due per month.
- To avoid having your name, property index number, and tax amount listed in a delinquent tax publication during the week of October 16th, the total amount due for the 2022 taxes must be received in our office by October 6, 2023.
- Payment of the 2022 real estate tax bill after October 31, 2023, must be made by cashier’s check, money order or cash.
- Credit/debit card payments will also be accepted in person till end of business day November 14, 2023.
- An additional charge of $10.00 will be collected beginning October 24, 2023 on each unpaid bill to cover the delinquent tax publication and certified mailing expenses.
- To prevent your real estate taxes being sold at the Tax Sale, the full amount owed for your real estate taxes including penalties and cost must be received in our office no later than 4:30 pm on Wednesday, November 15, 2023.
- The annual real estate Tax Sale will begin on Thursday, November 16, 2023.