Flyers and Training Documents
CFATS and Chemical SSA Flyers, Brochures, and Training Documents
- Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standards (CFATS) - The tri-fold brochure provides a general overview of the CFATS program including: an overview of 6 CFR 27, facility categories, Chemicals of Interest, Risk-Based Tiering, Risk-Based Performance Standards, the Inspection Process, Compliance and Enforcement information, and Chemical-terrorism Vulnerability Information.
- The Role of Emergency Responders in the Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standards (CFATS) - This tri-fold brochure provides a general overview of the CFATS program including: an overview of Section 550 of the DHS Appropriations Act of 2007 and 6 CFR 27, what are the CFATS standards, the role of Emergency Responders and CFATS,and how Chemical-terrorism Vulnerability Information is protected.
- Chemical Sector Training Resources Guide - The guide contains a list of free or low-cost training, Web-based classes, seminars, and documents that are routinely available through one of several component agencies within the Department. The list was compiled to assist facility security officers’ to train their employees on industry security practices, physical and cyber security awareness, and emergency management and response.
- Web-Based Chemical Security Awareness Training - The Web-Based Chemical Security Awareness Training Program is an interactive tool available free to chemical facilities nationwide to increase security awareness. The training is designed for all facility employees, not just those traditionally involved in security. Upon completion, a certificate is awarded to the participant
- Voluntary Chemical Assessment Tool (VCAT) - VCAT is a secure, web-based application and self-assessment tool originally designed for use by the chemical industry. The tool allows owners and operators to identify their facility's current risk level using an all-hazards approach. VCAT facilitates a cost-benefit analysis by allowing users to select the best combination of physical security countermeasures and mitigation strategies to reduce overall risk. An archived, informative webinar demonstrating the tool followed by a Q&A session is also available.
- Chemical Facility Security: Best Practices Guide for an Active Shooter Incident - This booklet draws upon best practices and findings from tabletop exercises to present key guidance for chemical facility planning and training, and poses specific questions that an effective active shooter response and recovery plan will answer. It is designed to help both chemical facility management and employees prepare and respond by designating roles and needed actions.
- Chemical Sector Specific Agency (SSA) Voluntary Security Programs- This two-page flyer provides information on voluntary training, exercises and web-based tools for chemical facilities and how to access/acquire the voluntary training, exercises and web-based tools described in the document.
- Homeland Security Information Network (HSIN) – Critical Sectors- HSIN-CS is the primary information-sharing platform for the Chemical Sector. The portal is available to both public and private Chemical Sector stakeholders and is a key tool for security informational awareness. Access enhances the ability of users to receive information and communicate during operationally significant situations. For example, during a hurricane the portal provides alerts and incident bulletins are posted regularly. Interested individuals should contact: CIKRISEAccess@hq.dhs.gov with a request for nomination that includes a name, company, and email address. Email addresses must match the company name. Once nominated, registrants will receive an electronic link to an application for completion.
- Chemical Sector Security Awareness Guide - The purpose of this document is to assist owners and operators in their efforts to improve basic security awareness at their chemical facility and to provide information on the security threat presented by explosive devices and cyber vulnerabilities.