CMS Emergency Preparedness Rule Information
DuPage County is working closely with the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) and Federal Government partners to gather additional information and Emergency Preparedness tools to share with local stakeholders regarding the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) Emergency Preparedness Rule. DuPage County does not promote, endorse, or support a particular training or toolkit. DuPage County cannot assist a local stakeholder in applying the Emergency Preparedness Rule. As more information becomes available, it will be shared. For additional information please see the links below.
Illinois Region 8 Health Care Coalition (HCC) Meetings
The Illinois Region 8 Health Care Coalition (HCC) meetings are an excellent format to get exposure to the thought process and procedures circulating in the health care field. This meeting also provides an outlet to ask questions regarding the CMS Emergency Preparedness Rule. The meetings will continue to be facilitated at the Doubletree by Hilton Hotel, 1909 Spring Road in Oak Brook, if it is safe to do so. If social distancing is still necessary, the Region 8 HCC will conduct the meetings via WEBEX. This decision will be made 2-4 weeks ahead of the scheduled meeting date and invites will be sent. All meetings will start at 0830 hours and are scheduled to end at 1200 hours. See the below meeting dates. For more information, contact Region 8 Health Care Coalition Chairperson Paul Banks via firstname.lastname@example.org.
For other Regional Health Care Coalitions, view the Public Health and Medical Services Response Regions map to determine your region and view the Contacts list for each region.
- Entire CMS Emergency Preparedness Rule
- Proposed Rule - Sept. 20, 2018 - Medicare and Medicaid Programs; Regulatory Provisions To Promote Program Efficiency, Transparency, and Burden Reduction
- CMS Facilities Search
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services Emergency Preparedness Rule
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) Emergency Preparedness Requirements by Provider Type table
**Please note: This table is not meant to be an exhaustive list of requirements nor should it serve as a substitute for the regulatory text.
- CMS Emergency Preparedness Checklist
- CMS Health Care Provider Guidance
- CMS State Survey Agency Guidance
- CMS Emergency Preparedness Survey and Certification
- CMS Survey and Certification Group EP Rule Frequently Asked Questions (PDF)
- CMS Survey and Certification: Recommendations for Providers and Suppliers for Cyber Security (PDF)
- CMS Surveyor Tool
- ASPR TRACIE Emergency Preparedness Requirements for Medicare and Medicaid Participating Providers and Suppliers
- Yale New Haven Health System Center for Emergency Preparedness and Disaster Response (YNHHS-CEPDR) White papers and resources