DuPage County Animal Services (DCAS) is the county’s sole public animal shelter and control agency. The mission of DCAS is to protect the health, safety and welfare of people and pets throughout DuPage County.
DCAS cares for the community’s lost, homeless, stray, injured, sick, neglected and abandoned animals.
- Humane shelter
- Veterinary care for shelter animals
- Lost and found services
- Adoption services
- Response to animal emergencies and public safety incidents involving animals for unincorporated areas of DuPage County
- Education and enforcement of the community’s responsible pet ownership laws
- Help to neighborhoods to resolve animal nuisance disputes
- Pet registration
- Assistance to local law enforcement
- Animal abuse/neglect or potentially dangerous dogs (Unincorporated DuPage County)
- Animal bites
- Rabies vaccination compliance
DCAS is hiring seasonal positions for Summer 2023. Learn more about open positions.
Capital Campaign Underway to Fund New Shelter
The current shelter building no longer meets the needs of the many species of animals we care for or provides sufficient work spaces for staff and volunteers. Learn more about how the new shelter building will support the people and animals of DuPage County.