New Shelter Construction Begins October 2nd!
There is going to be a lot more action around the shelter, so please use our website as much as possible for your needs, such as purchasing rabies tags. Always make an appointment to visit the shelter to help keep the area clear for our dogs and volunteers outside. Learn more about the shelter expansion.
DuPage County Animal Services (DCAS) is the county’s sole public animal shelter and control agency. The mission of DCAS is to protect the health, safety and welfare of people and pets throughout DuPage County.
DCAS cares for the community’s lost, homeless, stray, injured, sick, neglected and abandoned animals.
- Humane shelter
- Veterinary care for shelter animals
- Lost and found services
- Adoption services
- Response to animal emergencies and public safety incidents involving animals for unincorporated areas of DuPage County
- Education and enforcement of the community’s responsible pet ownership laws
- Help residents to resolve animal related concerns
- Pet registration
- Assistance to local law enforcement
- Animal abuse/neglect or potentially dangerous dogs (Unincorporated DuPage County)
- Animal bites
- Rabies vaccination compliance
Kitten Season is Here!
Check out our wish list to see how you can help us care for homeless kittens this year!
Capital Campaign Underway to Fund New Shelter
The current shelter building no longer meets the needs of the many species of animals we care for or provides sufficient work spaces for staff and volunteers. Learn more about how the new shelter building will support the people and animals of DuPage County.