Capital Campaign Underway to Fund New Shelter
On May 24, 2022, the DuPage County Board approved the expansion and renovation of the DuPage County Animal Services Shelter Building.
We are a non-tax payer funded, open admission animal shelter that cares for all domestic species of animals from cats, dogs, rabbits, birds, guinea pigs, hamsters, reptiles, barnyard animals, and other exotic pets.
The current shelter building no longer meets the needs of the many species of animals we care for or provides sufficient work spaces for staff and volunteers. DCAS continues to not only be an open and welcoming place for people and pets in DuPage County, but has increasingly been providing services for animals in surrounding counties where resources are limited.
The new shelter design will allow DuPage County Animal Services to:
- Provide modern, stress-reducing, and healthy housing for animals.
- Allow the shelter to have more welcoming and appropriate spaces for the public to be counseled on services and solutions with animals.
- Expand opportunities for residents to benefit from animal related educational and training classes.
- Provide more functional and supportive spaces for staff and volunteers.
- Create a more public, warm and inviting place that promotes volunteerism, adoption, fostering, humane education, and sense of community for people that love animals.
- Provide the best care and find the best outcomes for animals.
To donate to the Capital Campaign and support our efforts to better serve our community, please visit the DuPage Animal Friends website.