Contractor Registration Information
- List of Registered Contractors (PDF) Listed by type of Contractor
- Register or renew your contractor registration in our new online system
- Community Development's Single Family Rehabilitation Program (PDF)
All General and Sub-Contractors performing work in Unincorporated DuPage County are required to be registered with the DuPage County Building Official prior to permit issuance and commencement of work.
- Plumbers, Irrigation & Fire Alarm Contractors do not pay a fee but are required to register with the County.
- If there are other trades with the registration, that trade(s) will be charged the registration fees that apply.
- Certificate of Insurance should state Building & Zoning Department as the certificate holder.
All registrations shall be valid for a one year period from the date of registration. Registration is required before work is performed on any new projects. Further registration details are available from the Building & Zoning Department at: 630-407-6700.
Contractor Registration Ordinance & Forms
- DuPage County Contractors Registration Ordinance (PDF)
- Contractor Employment Affidavit - Not required to carry workman's compensation based on not having any employees (PDF - type answers and print)
Home Repair Know Your Consumer Rights (PDF) - the Illinois Attorney General's office has tips to help protect yourself when planning a home repair project