Want to learn more about DuPage County?

Sign up for County newsletters and email updates!


Permits and Forms

Forms that may be needed to download into the Accela Citizen Access for the application and permitting process

  • Combination Form - this form covers - Home Association Affidavit (work on behalf of a Home Owners Association) and Removal of Mercury Thermostats in commercial demolition. Type answers & print for signatures and this document needs to be notarized.
  • Plumbing Affidavit - this is used when an Owner is performing their own plumbing work
  • Owner Authorization Form - this form is for authorization by owner of the property to agent for execution of Building & Use Permit. (PDF - type and print)
  • Trust Disclosure Form (PDF - type answers and print) A Trust Disclosure Form completed by the trust company will be required at the time the permit is submitted for all properties held in a land trust.
  • Drainage Easement Agreement (PDF - type answers and print) This document is used when the proposed work is located in any portion of the easement on your property. Owner's signatures must be notarized and this document will be recorded. (Must be signed by all deed holders)
  • Temporary Construction Easement Form (PDF)
  • Residential Fire Sprinkler form (PDF)


You can contact the Building Division by phone at: 630-407-6700

Additional Permit Information

Properties on DuPage County sewer

New service lines will be required from the dwelling and/or business to the main line sanitary sewer for all new structures, tear downs and for additions over 800 square feet in size - contact the Public Works Department at 630-407-6800.

Properties on well and/or septic

Any permits submitted go to the Health Department for review or require a permit from them for new well and septic systems - contact Environmental Health at 630-682-7979.

Township Highway Commissioners/County Highway

Township Hwy Commissioner offices require a tracking number from our department to process their paperwork for both Entrance Permits or waivers.

Drainage Requirements

Sign Up