Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) Years 2023 and 2024
Applicants may apply for more than one program but must do so through a separate application. There are no minimums or maximums for ESG requests. Application request must address the needs of DuPage County in the following components: Homelessness Prevention, Emergency Shelter, Street Outreach, or Homeless Management Information System (HMIS).
This application opportunity will make funding available for Housing & Homeless services and participation in providing Homelessness Prevention financial assistance to clients.
The selection process requires several steps before final approval of projects. The DuPage CDC Unit reviews and scores the applications and completes its recommendations in December to be approved by the Community Development Executive Committee in January. Health and Human Services Committee then approves the project recommendations as part of the annual Action Plan. The DuPage County board has the final approval in March before being submitted to the Department of Housing and Urban Development. The program year begins April 1, through March 31st the following year. Administration of each project is done through a Sub-grantee Agreement with a sharing of responsibility between the Sub-grantee and the CDC Staff.
Mandatory Zoom Informational Meeting - August 10, 2022
- When: Aug 10, 2022 10:30 AM Central Time (US and Canada)
- Register in advance for this meeting: Meeting Closed
- After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
- Contact CDC staff at firstname.lastname@example.org to place your name on the electronic notification list.
- Attendance at the virtual informational meeting is required where information on the online grant process will be given.
- A public hearing is required for all CDBG and ESG applications. The agencies may hold their own or arrange for a group public hearing.
- A Letter of Intent, submitted through the online portal, is due by 4:30 pm, August 19, 2022.
- The entire application submitted through the online portal is due by 4:30 pm, September 26, 2022.
- One bound copy of the audited financial statement including management letters, responses and an A-133, if applicable, for each application is to be delivered to Community Development Commission by 4:30 pm on September 26, 2022.
The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.
Documents sorted by SEQ in Ascending Order within category
ESG Documents3 documents
HUD Regulations2 documents
- Code of Federal Regulations Title 24, Part 576 - Emergency Solutions Grants Program The Homeless Emergency Assistance and Rapid Transition to Housing Act of 2009 (HEARTH Act) amended the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act, revising the Emergency Shelter Grants Program in significant ways and renaming it the Emergency Solutions Grants (ESG) program. The ESG Interim Rule took effect on January 4, 2012. The change in the program's name, from Emergency Shelter Grants to Emergency Solutions Grants, reflects the change in the program's focus from addressing the needs of homeless people in emergency or transitional shelters to assisting people to quickly regain stability in permanent housing after experiencing a housing crisis and/or homelessness.
- Code of Federal Regulations Title 2 Part 200 - uniform administrative requirements, cost principles, and audit requirements for federal awards