The consolidated planning process has three parts:
- Consolidated Plan For Housing And Community Development (ConPlan)
- Annual Action Plan
- Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report (CAPER)
Consolidated Plan For Housing And Community Development (ConPlan)
The Consolidated Plan sets forth priorities for the County's housing and non-housing community development needs for each calendar year and serves as the County's annual funding application to HUD for the following formula grant programs: the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG); the HOME Investment Partnerships Program (HOME); and the Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) program.
HUD funds are awarded directly to eligible metropolitan cities and urban counties like DuPage County. These are called "entitlement communities" or "participating jurisdictions." Entitlement communities are typically municipalities with populations over 50,000 and urban counties with populations over 200,000. States, local governments, and consortium of governments apply for these block grants by preparing and submitting plans for their use to HUD. The ConPlan looks at the housing and community development needs of low-income people, and the inventory of housing in the community. The ConPlan also looks at money that is available, or that could be made available, to meet housing and community development needs. The document also describes DuPage County Community Development Commission's prioritization of these needs and identifies strategies that the CDC will utilize to meet those needs over a 5 year period.
The Consolidated Plan in PDF format for the current and previous year are listed below.
Annual Action Plan
Each year, DuPage County writes a plan specifically covering the activities to be undertaken during that year; this is the Annual Action Plan. This plan lists the amounts of funding the county expects to invest in specific activities during that year. These funding decisions are based on the priorities identified in the ConPlan.
The Action Plan in PDF format for the current and previous year are listed below.
Action plan public comments may be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report (CAPER)
The Consolidated Annual Performance Evaluation Report (CAPER) reports what the county accomplished during the year. HUD requires each of its entitlement grant recipients to file a Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report (CAPER). The CAPER is submitted to HUD within 90 days after the close of the grantee's fiscal year and after a 15-day public comment and review period.
The CAPER in PDF format for the current and previous year are listed below.
The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.
Documents sorted by HEADER in Descending Order within category
Action Plan26 documents
- 2023 Action Plan-Submitted to HUD
- 2022 Action Plan-HUD Approved
- 2021 Action Plan-HUD Approved
- 2021 Action Plan Amendment No 5-Minor-HUD Approved
- 2021 Action Plan Amendment No 4-Substantial (HOME ARP)-HUD Approved
- 2021 Action Plan Amendment No 3-Minor-HUD Approved
- 2021 Action Plan Amendment No 2-Substantial-HUD Approved
- 2021 Action Plan Amendment No 1-Minor-HUD Approved
- 2020 Action Plan - Included in the 2020-2024 ConPlan
- 2019 Action Plan-HUD Approved
- 2019 Action Plan Amendment No 7-Minor-HUD Approved
- 2019 Action Plan Amendment No 6-Minor-HUD Approved
- 2019 Action Plan Amendment No 5-Substantial-HUD Approved
- 2019 Action Plan Amendment No 4-Substantial-HUD Approved
- 2019 Action Plan Amendment No 3-Substantial-HUD Approved
- 2019 Action Plan Amendment No 2-Substantial-HUD Approved.pdf
- 2019 Action Plan Amendment No 1-Substantial-HUD Approved.pdf
- 2022 CAPER Draft-Public Comment Period
- 2021 CAPER-HUD Approved
- 2020 CAPER HUD Approved 09-30-2021
Consolidated Plan3 documents
2015-2019 Consolidated Plan1 document
- 2015-2019 Consolidated Plan 02-03-2015 Second Reading
Analysis of Impediments To Fair Housing1 document
- 2020 Impediments to Fair Housing HUD Approved