The Department of Public Works serves approximately 200,000 residents throughout the County of DuPage.
In select areas of the County Public Works provides
- drinking water distribution
- sanitary sewer collection
- wastewater treatment
The Department is required to meet all applicable local, state, and federal laws pertaining to the treatment of wastewater and the delivery of drinking water.
Above is a short video with a narrative of the treatment process at the DuPage County Woodridge Greene Valley Wastewater Treatment Facility.
The following services are not handled by DuPage County Public Works
Please check with following agencies to better assist you with these services.
- Road maintenance (except after water or sanitary sewer dig)
- Contact road owner IDOT, DuDOT, Township Highway, or Municipality
- DuPage County's Citizen Reporter Application
- Parkway trees
- Contact road owner, see above
- Garbage & Recycling Service
- Check with neighbors
- Environmental Division of Building & Zoning Department
- Drainage & Flooding
- Roadway issue, contact road owner, see above
- Drainage Division of Stormwater Management Department