Senior Citizens' Real Estate Tax Deferral Program
Who is eligible?To qualify you must:
- be age 65 by June 1st of the year for which the application is made.
- have a household income of less than $55,000.
- own and occupy the property.
- have lived in Illinois in a qualifying property at least 3 years.
- be liable for payment of real estate taxes on the property.
- have no delinquent real estate taxes.
- have fire and casualty insurance on the property.
- file application by March 1st in the year the taxes are due.
How do I apply?Applications and guidelines are available from:
DuPage County Collector
421 N. County Farm Road
Wheaton, Illinois 60187
Visit Senior Citizen Real Estate Tax Deferral Program page