Homestead Exemption Application Forms
- General Homestead (Residential) Exemption: The residential exemption is available on a property owner's principle residence. This exemption is administered by the Township Assessors. Generally, this exemption is granted automatically. Please contact your Township Assessor for more information.
- Homestead Improvement Exemption: This four-year exemption initiated by the Township Assessor reduces the assessed value of an existing, owner-occupied home up to $25,000 ($75,000 market value) when the assessment has increased due to a new physical improvement to the property. In many townships, this exemption is automatically applied by the Assessor's Office without a formal application by the property owner. Please contact your Township Assessor for more information.
Board of Review Assessment Appeal Forms
Please see Board of Review Rules for additional filing requirements.
Preferential Assessment Application Forms
- Farmland Preferential Assessment: The Township Assessor annually determines the eligibility of individual properties for farmland assessments. Please contact them for more information regarding their application process.
- Conservation Stewardship Preferential Assessment: Certain property that is subject to a land management plan that has been approved by the Illinois Department of Natural Resources may receive a preferential assessment. Application forms and other information are available directly from the IL-DNR's website.
- Housing Opportunity Area Tax Abatement: This program may provide a reduced assessed valuation for certain property leased to a Housing Choice Voucher Holder. Information and application forms for this program are available from the DuPage County Housing Authority.
- Historic Residence Assessment Freeze Law: This program provides tax incentives to owner-occupants of certified historic residences who rehabilitate their homes. Application forms and other information are available directly from the Illinois Historic Preservation Agency's website.
A basic explanation of these programs is available on our Preferential Assessments webpage.
Disaster Area Application for Reassessment
PTAX-245 Application to request reassessment of property under Section 13-5 of the Property Tax Code (35 ILCS 200/13-5) based on substantial damage caused by a disaster in a county that has been declared a major disaster area by the President of the United Sates or the Governor of the State of Illinois.
Assessment Abstract Reports
Counties are required to file a PTAX-260-A Form with the Illinois Department of Revenue on an annual basis. This report list locally assessed parcel counts and total locally assessed value totals by property class for individual townships and for the entire county. This report does not include property assessed by the State. The totals do not include the loss of taxable assessed value resulting from the granting of the General Homestead (excluding life care facilities and mixed use properties), Senior Citizens Homestead (excluding life care facilities and mixed use properties), and the Senior Citizens Assessment Freeze Homestead Exemptions. Column number 7 however does reflect the taxable value of dual valuation properties including Open Space and Conservation Easement preferential assessments along with value loss due to the granting of Homestead Improvement, Veterans/Fraternal Organizational Assessment Freeze, and Disabled Veterans Exemptions and the taxable value of certain preferential assessment types such as Historic Residence Assessment Freeze, Demonstration Homes and Subdivides Property Assessments.
Sale to Assessment Ratio Reports
Sale to assessment ratio studies are compiled by the Illinois Department of Revenue. These reports include statistical measurements of assessment accuracy and uniformity.
The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.
Documents sorted by SEQ in Ascending Order within category
Assessment Abstract Reports: Tax Year23 documents
Board of Review Assessment Appeal Forms8 documents
- Residential Assessed Value Appeal Form (Blank)
- Residential Assessed Value Appeal Form (Fill-In and Print)
- Commercial/Industrial Assessed Value Appeal Form (Blank)
- Commercial/Industrial Assessed Value Appeal Form (Fill-In and Print)
- Undervaluation Assessed Value Appeal Form (Blank)
- Undervaluation Assessed Value Appeal Form (Fill-In and Print)
- Request to Intervene In Assessment Appeal
- Agent - Attorney Authorization
Homestead Exemption Application Forms8 documents
- Senior Citizens Homestead Exemption Application
- Request to Designate Alternate Contact for Property Tax Delinquency Notice
- 2022 Senior Citizens Assessment Freeze Application
- 2023 Senior Citizens Assessment Freeze Application
- PTAX-341 Returning Veterans' Homestead Exemption Application
- PTAX-342 Disabled Veterans' Standard Homestead Exemption Initial Application
- PTAX-342-R Disabled Veterans' Standard Homestead Exemption Renewal Form
- PTAX-343 Disabled Persons' Homestead Exemption Initial Application
Non-Homestead Exemption Application Forms4 documents
- PTAX-300 is used to apply for all non-homestead exemption except for properties used for religious purposes or those owned by the State of Illinois or the Federal Government.
- PTAX-300-FS is used to apply for a non-homestead exemption under 35 ILCS 200/15-50 or 15-55 (federal or state agency).
- PTAX-300-H is used to apply for a non-homestead exemption under 35 ILCS 200/15-86 (hospitals).
- PTAX-300-R is used to apply for a non-homestead exemption under 35 ILCS 200/15-40 (religious).
Other Documents3 documents
- Illinois Property Tax Code (Link to the Illinois General Assembly's Website)
- The Illinois Property Tax System - A general guide to the local property tax cycle provided by the Illinois Department of Revenue.
- Property Tax Extension Limitation Law - "Tax Caps" Technical Manual provided by the Illinois Department of Revenue.
Other Reports5 documents
- 2001 to 2012 Assessment Status Report. This report provides information that was available for previous assessment cycles on the 'Township Assessment Status' page in prior years.
- DuPage County Ad Hoc Committee on the Alternative Residential Exemption: September 2004 Report
- DuPage County Homestead Assessment Transparency Act Compliance Report: Responsive to Public Act 96-1418. http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/billstatus.asp?DocNum=3638&GAID=10&GA=96&DocTypeID=SB&LegID=51825&SessionID=76
- Property Tax Reform and Relief Task Force: 12/2009 Report to the General Assembly
- Publication 136: Property Assessment and Equalization information provided by the Illinois Department of Revenue.
Preferential Assessment Application Forms8 documents
- PTAX-334 Application for Open Space Property Assessment
- PTAX-337-R Combined Application for Conservation Right Public Benefit Certification and for Reduced Assessed Valuation of Property (File with the Illinois Department of Natural Resources)
- PTAX-762 Application for Model Home Assessment
- PTAX-762-C Notice of Status Change to County by Owner of Model Home
- PTAX-763 Application for Veterans Organization Assessment Freeze
- PTAX-764 Application for assessment freeze for certain fraternal organizations. Typically, Masonic Lodges will qualify in this category.
- PTAX-765 Application for assessment freeze for certain fraternal organizations. Typically, Elks and Moose Lodges will qualify in this category.
- PTAX-766 Application for assessment freeze for certain fraternal organizations. Typically, Knights of Columbus Lodges will qualify in this category.