To construct and maintain a system of highways and related sidewalks/paths that provide a safe and efficient means of motorized and non-motorized travel at the lowest possible cost.
The DuPage County Division of Transportation (DuDOT) is responsible for the planning, design, construction, maintenance and permitted use of the 220 centerline miles of arterial highways and 92 miles of multi-use trails which serve the over 940,000 residents of DuPage County. Significant operational responsibilities include pavement and bridge repair, traffic sign installation and maintenance, traffic signal installation and signal timing adjustments, snow and ice control and overall maintenance of the jurisdictional rights-of-way.
- DuPage County DOT Highway System Map and County Routes (Alphabetical) Listing spreadsheet for your use.
- The Division of Transportation Highway Permitting Department oversees approval and issuance of Overweight/Over-Dimension Truck Movement Permit requests.
- The Division of Transportation Highway Permitting Department processes applications for Highway Permitting for construction, access, utilities and special road & trail event requests.
- The Division of Transportation Highway Permitting Department oversees the Adopt-a-Highway and Adopt-a-Trail program.
- The Division of Transportation Impact Fee Permitting Group - processes Roadway Impact Fees for residential/commercial developments.
- The Division of Transportation oversees the construction and maintenance of Bikeways & Trails on the County Highway network.