Title: DuPage County Correctional Center Dental Assistant
Closing Date: Until Filled
Hours: Day shifts (see other information for further)
Salary: $17.01 per hour
DESCRIPTION OF PROVIDER’S WORK:
The list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only and is not a comprehensive listing of all the duties and responsibilities performed by positions in this class:
- Assist the dentist in all phases of dentistry within the Correctional Center
- Triage and schedule inmates requesting dental services
- Provide correctional staff with a daily list of inmates scheduled for dental care.
- Participate in new employee orientation.
- Utilize policies and procedure manuals to guide appropriate actions.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings.
- Perform inmate dental health education and oral hygiene instruction.
- Utilizes the SOAP charting format to document dental exam findings, recommendations, treatments and inmate education in the health record.
- Maintains the overall cleanliness of the dental area.
- Monitors infection control issues in the dental area.
- Sterilizes dental instruments and equipment according to OSHA guidelines.
- Monitoring and inventory of all dental supplies.
- Completes and documents instrument and controlled item counts, weekly.
- Document all assessments, orders and interventions in the patient record utilizing the correct forms and process.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participation in emergency preparedness, response, and recovery activities as assigned;
- Maintain required training, and proper program licensure and/or certifications;
- Performs related duties as required or assigned within job classification.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
· Reasoning and logical thinking;
· Using computer hardware and software including, but not limited to, word processing, spreadsheets, databases, email, etc;
· Applying an acquired knowledge of procedures, rules, regulations, and services applicable to the assigned office.
· Prioritize work;
· Analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions, and implement recommendations in support of goals;
· Establish and maintain effective working relationships with Office and division staff, other County departments, including outside vendors;
· Effectively communicates and uses interpersonal skills to interact with coworkers, supervisors, and the general public to exchange and/or receive work direction;
· Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations;
· Multi-task, prioritize, and problem solve;
· Possess and demonstrate excellent oral and written communication;
· Work independently with minimal direction;
· Maintain confidentiality.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- X-ray Certification or experience (Preferred, but not required)
- Current CPR certification
- This position requires a background check
- Professional references must be provided
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is not primarily a sedentary position. Exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, reach with hands and or arms to provide care.
Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally, and all other sedentary criteria are met.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is typically movement based with exposure to potentially adverse conditions.
29 hours per week, 3-4 days per week (M-F) with varying hours. Holidays may be required
Part Time Position with Partial Benefits
Salary Range: $17.01
This position is part bargaining unit AFSCME local #3328.
A pre-employment background and criminal history check are required.
PLEASE NOTE: For this position, applications must be from the DuPage County Sheriff’s Office Website https://myocv.s3.amazonaws.com/ocvapps/a36160187/files/Civilian+Employment+Application.pdf and must include a resume to be considered. Application and resume can emailed to email@example.com
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer