Title: DuPage County Correctional Center Licensed Practical Nurse (Part- Time)
Closing Date: Until Filled
Hours: 8 hr shifts (see other information for further)
Salary: $23.00 Base rate plus differential for evenings, nights and weekends.
DESCRIPTION OF PROVIDER’S WORK:
The list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only and is not a comprehensive listing of all the duties and responsibilities performed by positions in this class:
- Provide general healthcare for Correctional Center inmates
- Participate in new employee orientation.
- Utilize policies and procedure manuals to guide appropriate actions.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings.
- Perform intake assessment, sick call, and medication administration accurately and in accordance with all guidelines.
- Document all assessments, orders and interventions in the patient record utilizing the correct forms and process.
- Follow through with practitioner orders.
- Providing emergency medical services as needed
- When necessary, the Corrections Registered Nurse (RN) makes referrals of inmates to the staff practitioner, dentist, mental health professional, or psychiatrist.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Participation in emergency preparedness, response, and recovery activities as assigned;
· Maintain required training, and proper program licensure and/or certifications;
Performs related duties as required or assigned within job classification.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
· Reasoning and logical thinking;
· Using computer hardware and software including, but not limited to, word processing, spreadsheets, databases, email, etc;
· Applying an acquired knowledge of procedures, rules, regulations, and services applicable to the assigned office.
· Prioritize work;
· Analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions, and implement recommendations in support of goals;
· Establish and maintain effective working relationships with Office and division staff, other County departments, including outside vendors;
· Effectively communicates and uses interpersonal skills to interact with coworkers, supervisors, and the general public to exchange and/or receive work direction;
· Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations;
· Multi-task, prioritize, and problem solve;
· Possess and demonstrate excellent oral and written communication;
Work effectively under stress;
· Work independently with minimal direction;
· Maintain confidentiality.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Possession of a valid Illinois License Practical Nurse - Current CPR certification
- This position requires a background check
- Professional references must be provided
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is not primarily a sedentary position. Exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, reach with hands and or arms to provide care.
Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is typically movement based with exposure to potentially adverse conditions.
3 shifts with rotating days off (1st shift 0700-1530) (2nd shift 1500-1130) (3rd shift 2300-0730). Holidays and weekends are required. Generally, shift assignment is assigned as needed and permanent with opportunity to change shift when opening exists.
Salary Range: $23.00 Base rate plus differential for evenings, nights and weekends.
This position is part bargaining unit AFSCME local #3328.
A pre-employment background and criminal history check are required.
PLEASE NOTE: For this position, applications must be from the DuPage County Sheriff’s Office Website https://myocv.s3.amazonaws.com/ocvapps/a36160187/files/Civilian+Employment+Application.pdf and must include a resume to be considered. Application and resume can emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer