Description of Provider's Work
The list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only and is not a comprehensive listing of all the duties and responsibilities performed by positions in this class:
- Provide haircutting services to detainees in the DuPage County Correctional Center
- Participate in new employee orientation.
- Utilize policies and procedure manuals to guide appropriate actions.
- Maintains the overall cleanliness of the work area.
- Sterilizes instruments and equipment according to OSHA guidelines.
- Monitoring and inventory of all supplies.
- Completes and documents instrument and controlled item counts daily
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Participation in emergency preparedness, response, and recovery activities as assigned;
- Maintain required training, and proper program licensure and/or certifications;
- Performs related duties as required or assigned within job classification.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Reasoning and logical thinking;
- Applying an acquired knowledge of procedures, rules, regulations, and services applicable to the assigned office.
- Prioritize work;
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with Office and division staff, other County departments, including outside vendors;
- Effectively communicates and uses interpersonal skills to interact with coworkers, supervisors, and detainees to exchange and/or receive work direction;
- Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations;
- Multi-task, prioritize, and problem solve;
- Possess and demonstrate adequate oral and written communication;
- Work independently with minimal direction;
- Maintain confidentiality.
Education and/or Experience
- Valid licensure to practice in the State of Illinois
- This position requires a background check
- Professional references must be provided
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is not primarily a sedentary position. Exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, reach with hands and or arms to provide care.
Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally, and all other sedentary criteria are met.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is typically movement based with exposure to potentially adverse conditions.
- 15-20 hours per week
- Independent contractor position with no benefits
- Salary Range: $12.00 per service
- Position requires provider to have and maintain their own professional liability insurance
A pre-employment background and criminal history check are required.
Please note: For this position, applications must be from the DuPage County Sheriff’s Office Website https://myocv.s3.amazonaws.com/ocvapps/a36160187/files/Civilian+Employment+Application.pdf
and must include a resume to be considered. Application and resume can emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org