Title: DUI Evaluator- Part Time
Closing Date: Until Filled
Department: Probation and Court Services
Hours: Part Time: 22.5 hours/week (3 days/week), must be able to work every other Saturday and one day shift and one evening shift per week
Apply Now: Probation Job Application
The responsibilities of this position include:
Interviewing persons arrested for a DUI offense and preparing a written evaluation for the Court identifying substance abuse severity, criminal risk, and public safety risk. In order to complete the evaluation, the DUI Evaluator:
- Administers and interprets standardized assessment instruments.
- Investigates and verifies criminal history records and Secretary of State Driving Abstracts.
- Identify and assess antisocial behavior, mental health issues, motivation, and relapse potential.
- Identifies behaviors or issues which impact substance use.
- Recommends services to address substance use; and
- Other related duties as assigned
Requirements for this position:
- Bachelor’s degree in the Behavioral Sciences or related field required
- IAODAPCA, Certified Assessment/Referral Specialist (CARS), CADC, LPC, LCPC, LSW OR LCSW Certification/Licensure.
- Knowledge of substance abuse evaluations and interventions, criminal risk factors and assessment tools, and correctional intervention strategies.
- Knowledge of modern social service practice and casework philosophy.
- Candidates should be comfortable working in a fast-paced office.
- Experience in interviewing, assessing, and counseling preferred.
- Bilingual candidates will be preferred.
This position is a part of bargaining unit AFSCME local #3328