Want to learn more about DuPage County?

Sign up to receive news and email updates!

Search search icon

Uncashed Checks

Uncashed Checks

The Treasurer’s Office maintains a searchable list of uncashed checks that are over six months old.

These are checks that were issued in the regular course of DuPage County business and have not been cashed by the payee. After six months, all outstanding checks automatically become void. The Treasurer’s Office continues to hold the funds pending issuance of replacement checks. If after three years’ time the payee has not requested the issuance of a replacement check, the unclaimed funds are escheated to the State of Illinois where they remain available for claim through the State Treasurer’s Office.

If you believe that you have an uncashed DuPage County check payable to you, please click the link to search the list of outstanding checks. When the PDF list appears, you can press Ctrl-f to enter a search term.

Search Uncashed Checks (PDF)- search for a name, dollar amount, etc.

Uncashed Checks Claim Form

How to request a replacement check from the Treasurer's Office

If you found your name on the list of uncashed checks and if you would like a replacement check issued, please read and follow these instructions:

Please note that by law we are required to issue replacement checks in the name of the original payee(s) only.

  1. Click on the Instructions link below. Print out the Pdf file containing instructions on how to obtain a replacement check, read them and then go to Item 
  2. After you have read the instructions, click on the Uncashed Check Replacement Form link below. You can download the Pdf file to your computer. It can be completed electronically and saved on your computer, or you can print out the file and complete the form manually.
  3. Sign and have the Uncashed Check Replacement Form notarized, if necessary (see the Instructions), in the space provided at the bottom left of the form.
  4. Mail the original (copies are not acceptable) Uncashed Check Replacement Form to the DuPage County Treasurer's Office at the address below:

Gwen Henry, CPA
DuPage County Treasurer
Attn: Uncashed Checks
421 N. County Farm Road
Wheaton, IL 60187

Sign Up