The partnership between the DuPage County Veterinary community and Animal Services helps ensure the health and safety of our citizens and animal welfare. This page has been created as a resource for our Veterinarians and will continue to grow. Your feedback on what would be most beneficial for you/your clinic is greatly appreciated and can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
2023 Veterinary Packets and Rabies tags are distributed in by mid-December. An electronic version of the entire packet is below. Please see the Important Forms section below to find the individual forms included in the packet.
Veterinary Packet 2023
How to Order Rabies Tags
Rabies tag orders now require payment for the base tag value at time of order or pick up. Intact fees are remitted when you send in certificates. Unused tags returned to our office by January 31st of the prior distribution year will be credited to your account. You have three options to place your order and pay:
- In-Person Please email your 2023 order form ahead of time to email@example.com and call 630-407-2800 when you arrive so a team member can serve you.
- Online at https://magic.collectorsolutions.com/magic-ui/en-US/Login/il-dupage-co-animal-care-ctrl. You can create your order using the online shopping cart and pay via credit card or ACH.
- Via mail by completing a 2023 order form and mailing it with your payment to: DCAS at 120 N. County Farm Rd., Wheaton, IL 60187.
Rabies Information & Links
Rabies is a preventable deadly disease of mammals. Vaccination and registration is the #1 way to prevent the spread of rabies. One of our missions at Animal Care & Control is to prevent the spread of the virus through bite investigations and required rabies vaccination registration. All dogs and cats in DuPage County are required by law to be currently vaccinated against rabies. There are many valuable resources through the IL Department of Public Health (IDPH) and the Center for Disease Control (CDC), some of which are posted below.
IDPH Surveillance Map
CDC Information for Veterinarians
Puppies and kittens under 1 year of age that receive a 3 year as their first rabies vaccine must receive a booster shot 1 year later and should only receive a 1-year rabies tag. View additional details from the CDC.
When Animals Bite
As a Veterinarian, clients may come to you/your practice for the mandatory rabies observation period. Included below are the guidelines per Code of DuPage County, Chapter 5, Animals, along with sample notices sent out to pet owners, and a confinement quick reference guide from DuPage County Health Department (DCHD).
Important Forms & Documents
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Order Rabies Tags Online (for Veterinary Partners)
Veterinary Partners may now place orders, submit payment for 2021 and 2022 Rabies Tags and pay for invoices online.
Payment/ Order Online Now
Veterinary Partners may also order tags by mail or by email
Download 2023 Rabies Tag Order Form
The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.
Documents sorted by SEQ in Ascending Order within category
Animal Bite Reporting6 documents
- Bite Case Procedures
- Sample Notice - Rabies Observation and Confinement
- DCHD - Confinement Periods for Domestic Animals
- Animal to Human Bite Report Form
- Bite Report - Dog to Dog
- Form - Report of Rabies Observation and Confinement This form should be used in the event there is a rabies observation and/or confinement. Important Forms & Documents
Important Forms & Documents4 documents
- IDPH Rabies Submission Form and Guidelines
- Monthly Rabies Certificate Remittance Form Print and send with payment for any spay/neuter differential.
- Unused Rabies Tag Return Form Print and send with 2021 or older unused tags.
- Veterinary Clinic/Practice Guidelines and Contact Information Form If contact information has changed, please update via the form and send.