The partnership between the DuPage County Veterinary community and Animal Services helps ensure the health and safety of our citizens and animal welfare. This page has been created as a resource for our Veterinarians and will continue to grow. Your feedback on what would be most beneficial for you/your clinic is greatly appreciated and can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2024 Veterinary Packets and Rabies tags are distributed by mid-December. An electronic version of the entire packet is below. Please see the Important Forms section below to find the individual forms included in the packet.
How to Order Rabies Tags
Rabies tag orders now require payment for the base tag value at time of order or pick up. Intact fees are remitted when you send in certificates. Unused tags returned to our office by January 31st of the prior distribution year will be credited to your account. You have three options to place your order and pay:
- In-Person Please email your 2023 order form (PDF) or 2024 order form (PDF) ahead of time to email@example.com and call 630-407-2800 when you arrive so a team member can serve you.
- Online through our Payment Portal. You can create your order using the online shopping cart and pay via credit card or ACH.
- Via mail by completing a 2023 order form (PDF) or 2024 order form (PDF) and mailing it with your payment to: DCAS at 120 N. County Farm Rd., Wheaton, IL 60187.
Rabies Information & Links
Rabies is a preventable deadly disease of mammals. Vaccination and registration is the #1 way to prevent the spread of rabies. One of our missions at Animal Care & Control is to prevent the spread of the virus through bite investigations and required rabies vaccination registration. All dogs and cats in DuPage County are required by law to be currently vaccinated against rabies. There are many valuable resources through the IL Department of Public Health (IDPH) and the Center for Disease Control (CDC), some of which are posted below.
- IDPH Surveillance Map
- CDC Information for Veterinarians
- Puppies and kittens under 1 year of age that receive a 3 year as their first rabies vaccine must receive a booster shot 1 year later and should only receive a 1-year rabies tag. Additional Rabies Information from the CDC.
When Animals Bite
As a Veterinarian, clients may come to you/your practice for the mandatory rabies observation period. Included below are the guidelines per Code of DuPage County, Chapter 5, Animals, along with sample notices sent out to pet owners, and a confinement quick reference guide from DuPage County Health Department (DCHD).
Important Forms & Documents
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Order Rabies Tags Online (for Veterinary Partners)
Veterinary Partners may now place orders, submit payment for 2023 and 2024 Rabies Tags and pay for invoices online. Rabies Tag Payments / Order Online
The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.
Documents sorted by HEADER in Ascending Order within category
Animal Bite Reporting6 documents
- Animal to Human Bite Report Form (PDF)
- Bite Case Procedures (PDF)
- Bite Report - Dog to Dog (PDF)
- DCHD - Confinement Periods for Domestic Animals (PDF)
- Form - Report of Rabies Observation and Confinement (PDF) This form should be used in the event there is a rabies observation and/or confinement. Important Forms & Documents
- Sample Notice - Rabies Observation and Confinement (PDF)
Important Forms & Documents4 documents
- IDPH Rabies Submission Form and Guidelines (PDF)
- Monthly Rabies Certificate Remittance Form (PDF) Print and send with payment for any spay/neuter differential.
- Unused Rabies Tag Return Form (PDF) Print and send with 2023 or older unused tags.
- Veterinary Clinic/Practice Guidelines and Contact Information Form (PDF) If contact information has changed, please update via the form and send.