Provides services to assist in many areas such as housing, utilities, transportation, and health services. View the full list of programs on our website, Community Services programs, or contact us for assistance.
- Seniors: Programs for those 60 years or older
- Adult Protective Services: Responds to reports of abuse or self-neglect for those who are 60 or older and for those who are 18 and older with a disability.
- Housing: Housing payments and home energy improvements.
- Heat and Electric: Assists with payments on gas and electric bills.
- Financial Self-Sufficiency: Assists with setting and meeting goals to increase income, manage spending, and to address other personal needs.
- Caregiver and Parenting Resources: Resources for caregivers of adults or children.
- Other Resources: Links people with other important community resources, such as clothing, household goods, and transportation.
The mission of the DuPage County Department of Community Services is to provide and support programs, services and partnerships that keep people safe in their homes, environments, and relationships; provide connections between those in need and the resources that support them; and help residents escape poverty, maintain independence and achieve economic self-sufficiency.