Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
Assists low-income households by offsetting the rising cost of home energy through direct financial assistance, energy counseling, outreach and education. An overdue bill or disconnect notice is not required to receive LIHEAP assistance. Emergency assistance is available to eligible households whose utility service is in danger of disconnection or has been disconnected and for homeowners whose furnace is non-operational or determined unsafe to operate.
Applications are taken by appointment at any of the Township General Assistance Offices or directly from DuPage County during the application times as noted below.
When to Apply
September 1, 2022 through May 31, 2023
Households, regardless of citizenship status, that meet the household's combined gross income for the 30 days prior to application must be at or below 200% of the federal poverty level as shown in the chart below and in the LIHEAP Income Guideline attachment.
|Number of Persons||Monthly Household Income|
Call DuPage County Community Services at 630-407-6500 or one of the following application sites below, to schedule an appointment.
- Addison Township - 630-530-8161
- Bloomingdale Township General Assistance Office - 630-529-9993
- Bloomingdale Township Senior Center - 630-529-7794
- Downers Grove Township - 630-719-6610
- Lisle Township - 630-968-2087
- Loaves & Fishes - 630-355-3663
- Milton Township - 630-668-1616
- Naperville Township - 630-355-2786
- Wayne Township - 630-231-7173
- Winfield Township - 630-231-3591
- York Township - 630-620-2400
- York Seniors - 630-620-2424
The DuPage County's Energy Assistance number is 630-407-6500, or 1-800-942-9412 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.