DuPage County Stormwater Management is currently accepting input on their Countywide Water Quality Program.
The program is a partnership between DuPage County and 41 municipalities and townships to meet water quality goals. The Illinois Environmental Protection Agency granted DuPage County Stormwater Management a countywide permit to meet federal water quality requirements, including:
- Public education and outreach on water quality topics
- Public involvement and participation
- Illicit discharge detection and elimination
- Construction site erosion and sediment controls
- Post-construction best management practices for water quality
- Pollution prevention and good housekeeping for municipal operations
- Water quality monitoring program
Members of the public can submit feedback online at https://www.dupagecounty.gov/government/departments/stormwater_management/water_quality/water_quality_program.php. The website also includes an informational video on the program and the complete program plan.
Comments will be accepted until Feb. 21 and may be submitted electronically, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail to DuPage County Stormwater Management, Attn: Mary Beth Falsey, 421 North County Farm Road, Wheaton, IL 60187
For questions or issues, please contact DuPage County Stormwater Management at 630-407-6673.